Please call 510-339-5919 to schedule your appointment well in advance. During most of the year the van pickup can be arranged within 2 to 3 weeks. However, January and February are very busy months and the wait time is longer. Van Pickup Info
Due to the high volume of donations and limited warehouse space we find we must set quantity and quality limitations. Please check our list of items that we do not accept or ask the van driver, who has final discretion on what we can take. Our list changes frequently due to surpluses in the warehouse. Please label boxes and bags with their contents. Be aware that our van drivers and volunteers may decline donations that we cannot sell.
Subject to current IRS and tax regulations, all items donated to the Oakland Museum Women’s Board White Elephant Sale are tax deductible for income tax purposes at their present fair market value. The Internal Revenue Code places the responsibility on the donor for estimating fair market value of the property. The Oakland Museum Women’s Board is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Federal Tax ID Number is EIN: 94-3102469. Tax laws frequently change. Before making a donation, please consult with your tax advisor.
The Oakland Museum’s Women’s Board (“OMWB”) will accept bequests of the contents of deceased donors’ homes for the White Elephant Sale (“WES”) subject to the following policies:
1. Bequests to the OMWB/WES must be in writing and comply with all California legal requirements. The written bequest may be either part of a will or trust document or a separate document that is incorporated into any will or trust document.
2. Access to the deceased donor’s home must be provided through the executor or deceased donor’s attorney. The OMWB/WES is not responsible for securing the home, for the contents of the home, or for damage or injury in the home. The OMWB/WES will not act as executor.
3. Friends or relatives may claim specific items among the contents in the home as specified in the written bequest. The written bequest may also identify friends or relatives who may claim items of their choice in the home. Any arrangements to claim items not specified in the bequests: a) must be made through the executor or deceased donor’s attorney; b) must be cleared in advance by the OMWB/WES; and c) may be supervised by the OMWB/WES.
4. The OMWB/WES will sort and remove wanted items from the home, but is not responsible for cleaning the home and for removing or disposing of unwanted items.
5. As with any donations to the WES, the bequest is tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Code based on the present fair market value of the donated items, and it is the donor’s responsibility to estimate the fair market value. The OMWB’s Federal Tax ID Number is: 94-3102469.
All White Elephant Sale donations are final. If you do unintentionally donate an item, please EMAIL US within three business days of your donation, and we will make every attempt to locate your item. Please note we cannot guarantee that we will be able to locate an item once it has been donated, and we ask you to carefully check and consider all your items before donating.
Yes, to benefit the White Elephant Sale as the designated non-profit of your choice, you will find us listed under OMWB (Oakland Museum Women’s Board.) You need to remember to enter Amazon.com by using smile.amazon.com. You can still use Amazon Prime. Based on the amount of the order you place Amazon will give back .5% of your purchase to OMWB. (The White Elephant Sale.)